The primary goal of the A+ Schools Program is to assure that all students, when they graduate, are well-prepared to pursue advanced education, employment or both.
(Adopted April 13, 2006 by the Chadwick R-I School District Board of Education)
- To ensure that all students graduate from high school.
- To ensure that all students complete a selection of high school studies that is challenging and has identified learning expectations.
- To ensure that all students proceed from high school graduation to a college, a post-secondary vocational-technical school or a high wage job with work place skill development opportunities.
District Adopted Competency Mastery Goals
(Adopted April 13, 2006)
The District has selected four objectives for student mastery. Objectives were selected from the Missouri Show-Me Process Standards and were selected based upon their importance or significance to student’s success in the 21st Century. Students will demonstrate within and integrate across all content areas the ability to:
- Organize data, information and ideas into useful forms (including charts, graphs, outlines) for analysis or presentation (Process Standard 1.8)
- Apply acquired information, ideas and skills to different contexts as students, workers, citizens and consumers (Process Standard 1.10)
- Plan and make written, oral and visual presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences (Process Standard 2.1)
- Use technological tools to exchange information and ideas (Process Standard 2.7)
Benefits of the A+ Program for Students
- Tuition assistance at a Missouri public community college or technical college
- Opportunity to learn about careers at the place of business as well as in the classroom
- College credits while still attending high school
- Tutoring and mentoring experience
- Development of a Career Plan to help provide a focus and guidance for life after high school
- Encouragement to attend school regularly and work hard
- Experience using computers and other technologies to solve problems
A+ Financial Incentive
Students graduating from Chadwick R-I High School who meet the A+Schools requirements are eligible to receive full tuition assistance for two years at certain Missouri public community colleges(excluding fees and cost of books)
- Enter into an A+ Schools agreement prior to graduation.
- Attend a designated A+ School for three consecutive years prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Maintain at least a 95% high school attendance record.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring of younger students.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and or alcohol.
- File the FAFSA (Federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Register for Selective Service if male and 18 years old before graduation.
- Attend a Missouri public community college or post-secondary vocational or technical school on a full-time basis and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
A+ Program Resources
Preparing for College
For additional information visit the A+ Schools Home Page or contact the A+ Schools Coordinator at (417) 634-3588.