Chadwick students will be taking state-mandated tests starting April 2.
Mrs. Wilkerson and the rest of the staff are stressing the importance of attendance and punctuality on these days. Students who test with their classes typically perform better on the tests and will not have to miss out on other activities to make up the tests they missed. Getting a good night’s rest and eating a healthy breakfast are also good strategies for success. Chadwick School will be offering free breakfast to students on the day of their test.
On Monday, March 30, 2020, we will have an assembly to get everyone pumped up for testing.
The testing will occur on the following dates:
- 3rd Grade – Communication Arts -April 7 & 8; Math- April 14 & 15
- 4th Grade – Communication Arts- April 14 , 15, & 16; Math- April 8 & 9
- 5th Grade – Communication Arts- March 31 &April 1 ; Math- April 6 & 7 ; Science April 14
- 6th Grade – Communication Arts- April 14 & 15; Math -March 31 & April 1
- 7th Grade – Communication Arts- April 2 & April 3; Math -April 6 & 7
- 8th Grade – Communication Arts -April 6 ,7 & 9; Math- March 31 & April 1; Science April 14
EOC Test Dates
April 6 & 7 – Algebra 1
April 7- Government
April 8 & 9- English II
April 8- Biology
The tests are used to measure individual student growth and performance, so it is important that each student tries their hardest. Students who are in attendance, focus, and exhibit good behavior throughout the daily testing sessions will also be rewarded with a movie and pizza day. Students who score proficient or advanced will be rewarded with a field trip next fall.